The Maintenance Technician will conduct maintenance activities for the Irish facilities in order to maintain and repair factory equipment, other industrial machinery, production machinery, and packaging equipment.
*Essential Job Duties:
· Maintain organization's production equipment
· Perform electrical and/or mechanical troubleshooting and repairs in response to equipment errors or failures
· Work with all co-workers, predominantly in Operations and Engineering
· Performs routine assignments as directed
· Read technical manuals to understand equipment and controls
· Perform tests and run initial batches to make sure that the machine is running smoothly
· Adjust and calibrate equipment and machinery to optimal specifications
· 5 or more years of relevant experience in a similar role is essential
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
· Must be fit to work in a cleanroom environment
· Must be able to work any assigned shift and overtime as required
· Demonstrated time management skills,
· Must have knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and related software applications
· Must be able to understand work instructions, blueprints, or other documents written in English
· Must be able to communicate effectively with team members
· Performs advanced tasks and completes the most-difficult assignments
· Possesses advanced skillset; leveraged to possibly establish new techniques or approaches
· Works under minimal supervision with considerable latitude for independent judgment
· May mentor less-experienced peers and assist supervisors, but does not formally supervise others
· Experience with PLC programming and/or formal education related to PLC programming
· Experience with soldering, electrical schematics are preferred
· Proficient with hand tools and tools of relevant trade
· Demonstrated critical thinking
· Demonstrated diagnostic skills
· Demonstrated attention to safety
· Must be able to wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE)
· Must be able to work under pressure with tight deadlines
· Must be willing to travel to local worksites
· Leaving Certificate or higher
· Apprenticeship or Trade/ Vocational training preferred
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to electricity. The employee is exposed to minor burns and/or cuts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Communicate with team members on a regular basis in writing and speech; use of hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls; wear common protective or safety equipment; standing for long periods of time. The employee is frequently stooping, crawling, climbing, and performing repetitive motion with arms. The employee occasionally sits. The employee frequently lifts up to 50 Lbs. and occasionally will lift up to 75 lbs.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists