Job Reference: JO-2007-65318_1596030765
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for activities related to the technical support and process / product / equipment for current and next generation products. Plans and implements the development of new processes,develops, and coordinates new product development projects, provides technical leadership and supervision to engineers and technicians. Ensures that programme objectives are determined and met, logistics are effectively coordinated and budgets are adhered to.
- Implements a staffing plan by identifying resource requirements, writing justifications for additional personnel, obtaining approval for changes, and coordinating the selection process with human resources.
- Recruits, coaches and develops organisational talent
- Develops direct reports by securing appropiate trianing, assigning progressively challenging tasks, applying progressive disciplinary action as appropriate and conducting formal written and verbal performance reviews.
- Monitors daily work operations and provides direction and guidance to lower level supervisors, experienced exempt employees, or skilled non exempt staff to achieve unit or project goals.
- Fosters a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organisational objectives.
- Keeps the organisations vision and values to the forefront of decision making and action.
- Builds strategic partnerships to further departmental and organisational objectives.
- Montiors compliance with company policies and procedures (for example (e.g.) compliance with Food and Drug Administration (FDA), British Standards Institution (BSI), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) regulations, etccetera (etc.).
- Approves documents defining the quality system.
- Reviews subcontractors quality system to ensure that purchased products fully complies with the specified requirements.
- Participates with manufacturing management at all levels in problems of quality and relatibiltiy.
- Responsible for activities related to the technical support and process/product/equipment engineering functions for current and next generation products.
- Ensures that programme objectives are determined and met, logistics are effectively coordinated and budgets are adhered to.
EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES:
- (Experience/Education) National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) level 7 qualification in a relevant discipline.
- 9+ years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- (Technical/Business Knowledge (Job Skills)) Provides direction and monitors progress of exempt specialists and/or supervisory staff toward departmental goals; monitors costs of projects and of human and material resources within a department or unit; monitors company-wide indicators such as market share and profitability; monitors external environment in areas of technical or professional responsibility.
- Experience taking novel devices from concept to commercialisation
- Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
- (Cognitive Skills) Develops and/or identifies new work processes and the improved utilisation of human and material resources within the assigned or related functions or groups; facilitates others' participation in the continuous improvement programme; investigates and solves problems that
- impact work processes and personnel within or across units or departments; develops and communicates a vision for the organisational unit assigned.
- (Influence/Leadership) Develops, communicates, and builds consensus for operating goals that are in alignment with the division. Provides leadership to assigned staff and supervisors by communicating and providing guidance towards achieving department objectives.
- (Planning/Organisation) Creates immediate to long-range plans to carry out objectives established by top management; develops and calculates a budget for a department or group to meet organisational goals; forecasts future departmental needs including human and material resources and capital expenditures; recommends or modifies the structure of organisational units or a centralised functional activity subject to senior management approval.
- (Decision Making/Impact) Assignments are expressed in the form of objectives; makes decisions regarding work processes or operational plans and schedules in order to achieve the programmeobjectives established by senior management; consequences of erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally include critical delays and modifications to projects or operations with substantial expenditure of time, human resources, and funds, and may jeopardise future business activity.
- (Supervision Received) Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long- term perspective, for desired results.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists