Senior Process Development Scientist
As the Senior Process Development Scientist, you will provide frontline technical guidance, oversight, and delivery to several development projects and activities within the organisations large molecule platform while providing mentorship to other team members.
· Responsible for steering the research activity in the laboratory and managing the experimental workplan to uphold the technical/engineering workflows, and meeting project objectives.
·Ownership for the analysis of experimental data and technical findings from research projects. In collaboration with the project team, formulate hypotheses, conclusions, and research strategies for succeeding against the project objectives.
· Author, review and approve technical presentations, updates, reports, and client facing materials and information.
·Demonstrate the application of specialist knowledge/experience (Upstream) in process development, robustness, and scale-up studies.
·Demonstrate the use of problem-solving skills requiring the application of Hypothesis formulation and literature review, DoE, chemometric modelling in approaching technical challenges.
·Technically represent the organisation to clients and at conference events.
·Support the technical development of the department with Technical/Functional Leads.
·Act as Project Technical Lead for assigned projects and in all phases of a project, work closely with the Project Manager to ensure all project issues (technical and otherwise) are highlighted and resolved.
·During project initialisation, ensure document review, risk assessment, process tech transfer and analytical tech transfer are all completed.
·Minimum of 5+ years' industry experience in process development (if PhD qualified)
·Minimum of 7+ years' industry experience in process development (if MSc qualified).
· Minimum of 10+ years' industry experience (if bachelor's qualified)
· Ability to technically lead several projects.
· Ability to direct scientific work of a technical team, create efficient and effective experimental plans to deliver outcomes, monitor progress and interpret data to make timely adjustments to workplans.
· Extensive experience in the design and optimization of bioprocesses
· Proven ability to apply innovative scientific concepts and techniques to the design and execution of experiments.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists