Senior EHS Associate
This position will provide professional and specialist Safety advice and support to ADL to ensure that it is compliant with all Regulatory and Corporate requirements; that hazards and risks are being systematically identified, eliminated and/or mitigated; and that injuries and risks to health are being eliminated.
* Provide Specialist support in the assigned areas and programmes, including Biological Safety, manual handling and Ergonomics
* Where required Support as required Amgen's Industrial Hygiene Programme, including the collation of results and reports. Ensure corrective actions are identified and implemented in conjunction with area management.
* Support effective Implementation of Amgen EHS policies, programmes and Objectives.
* Support effective Implementation of Amgen Safety Inspection programme.
* Support the assigned business partner function as required.
* Maintain a system of risk assessment to identify appropriate corrective actions; carry out risk assessments, and ensure that corrective actions are implemented to minimise certain risks.
* Identify, support and deliver Health and Safety training needs and facilitate the implementation of necessary programmes.
* Maintain a system of tracking and measuring leading and lagging safety performance, to facilitate assessment and improvement in site performance in Health and Safety.
* Co-ordinate, support and facilitate appropriate safety and functional meetings.
* Co-ordinate and provide induction training where necessary, for contractor activity
* Provide advice and support implementation of change control and management procedures.
* Ensure that Amgen is maintaining compliance with legislative and corporate requirements and that appropriate programmes are implemented to meet new legislative requirements.
* Ensure that Amgen is adequately prepared for audits to assess such compliance.
* Where required assist in the completion and maintenance of weekly, monthly and quarterly audits, Inspections and checklists for safety-related.
* Where necessary, provide back-up and assist in the implementation of the environmental programme to ensure full compliance with corporate and statutory requirements.
* Co-ordinate the sampling and posting (where necessary) of materials for the purposes of process safety or toxicity testing by external testing laboratories
* Participate in any other area of work within the EHS function or the business as required.
* Contribute actively to company PMO, OPex and other business processes initiatives.
* Complete any other Environmental Health or Safety related tasks/projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Degree or equivalent in Occupational Safety/Health or Environmental Health.
* Specialising in Biological safety, Manual Handling and Ergonomics.
* Minimum 4 years in related industry in an equivalent role.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists