12 Month Contract
An exceptional opportunity for an experienced S&E Specialist with specialisation in Process Safety to join the Environmental Health & Safety team and play an integral role in developing, maintaining and continually improving the EHS systems at my clients API / Pharma facility in Ballydine to achieve its goals of Zero Harm, Sustainability and EHS Compliance.
In this position, you will be primarily responsible for the development, co-ordination and continual improvement and management of all aspects of the Process Safety Management program working with other S&E Specialists and stakeholders.
You will provide technical guidance to the organisation to ensure compliance with all relevant legal requirements related to Process Safety as well as our company's corporate standards, policies, procedures and guidelines and industry best practices. In addition, you will work with management to support the overall EHS Management System.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Developing and implementing the EHS programmes/policy required to ensure compliance with local legislation, our company's standards and industry best practices.
· Preparing Process Safety Procedures and other related documents.
· Providing guidance and support to relevant stakeholders on all aspects of Process Safety Management.
· Completing EHS Audits and Inspections and supporting external audits undertaken by Regulatory agencies, Insurance providers or corporate.
· Liaising with regulatory authorities and corporate stakeholders as required.
· Preparing/maintaining reports for site, corporate or regulatory agencies as required including the site Safety Report, MAPP and EPD documents.
· Preparing Process Safety and Emergency Management training materials and delivery of training.
· Providing Process Safety technical support to stakeholders during the introduction or modification of existing processes and infrastructure.
· Evaluating the Process Safety impacts associated with change relating to new projects, processes and infrastructure and changes to existing processes and infrastructure in accordance with site Change Management Procedures.
· Completing/Chairing PHA studies (HAZOP/LOPA)
· Providing safety support for trouble shooting activities; participating in safety compliance reviews and providing technical support as necessary to resolve safety issues.
· Completing investigations into process safety and general safety incidents and the development of corrective and preventative actions as required.
· Supporting Installation Qualification and Operational Qualifications
· Participating in and approving pre-startup safety reviews and equipment walk-downs.
· Maintaining compliance with the requirements of the Major Accident Prevention Policy (MAPP) and the COMAH Safety Management System (SMS).
· Providing technical guidance, review and approve changes to the Site Explosion Protection Document (EPD) under ATEX Regulations.
· Supporting the Loss Prevention Program on site.
· Participation in the site Process Safety Relief Device program as required. Supporting the Fire System Coordinator in ensuring that effective processes are in place to ensure the prevention, mitigation and response to major accidents should they arise.
· Participation in the site Process Safety Relief Device sizing program as required.
· Monitor developments and advice Management on changes in Process Safety/COMAH related Standards and Legislation.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE - KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
· Degree in Chemical Engineering or an Engineering / Science Degree with Higher Diploma in Chemical Engineering.
· 3+ years' EHS experience in Pharmaceutical or other industry which is regulated under the requirements of the SEVESO and Industrial Emission Directives.
· Knowledge of HAZOP, LOPA, SIL, ATEX/EPD
· Experience of supporting multiple activities/projects.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, troubleshooting
· Analytical, Methodical and detailed.
· Team player, capable of working within a multi functionary team environment; and to periodically lead teams.
· Enthusiastic with a strong drive to deliver results as per agreed commitments.
· Innovative with a growth mindset.
· Self-directed, capable of using own initiative to make EHS improvements.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists