Job Reference: JO-2206-66245_1655288918
My client, a leading medical devices company based in Cork has an opportunity for an R&D Laboratory Engineer to join their growing team. If you have 2+ years of experience in a Lab role in a highly regulated environment and ideally have experience with project management, this could be the right role for you! The ideal candidate will take ownership of the transfer, planning, specification, validation, implementation of new R&D lab equipment and test methods for the analysis of raw materials, semi-finished and finished product. If this sounds like you, please read on.
- Responsible for providing analytical chemistry and materials science technical support for the technology transfer of new products from R&D project pipeline and other company facilities including co-development of lab equipment and test methods for new products.
- Responsible for characterisation of materials and product related to new product introductions (NPI) applying polymer chemistry/material science knowledge.
- Responsible for project planning, management and liaising with other departments/plants participating or impacted by technology transfer projects, whilst communicating project status and risks to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure good laboratory practices (GLP) are adhered to and in compliance with Regulatory Authority, Industry Standards, and company and Divisional requirements.
- Ideally Masters/PhD degree, however Bachelors degree in Material Science/Chemistry or related discipline would be considered.
- 2-5 years experience in a laboratory role ideally in a highly regulated environment.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of polymer chemistry/material science and requisite analytical methods (GC-FID, TGA/DSC, GPC, HPLC, FTIR and viscometry)
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists