Job Reference: JO-2107-65908_1631615086
My client is a leading pharmaceutical organisation in the area of API Manufacturing and due to internal movement and growth, they are hiring for an experienced Production Manager ideally with a Chemistry background to take on this interesting cross-functional role.
In this role, the Production Manager will work closely with Senior Management, Supply Chain, Sales, IT and finance to achieve corporate and manufacturing goals.
Key Duties include
- The Production Manager will lead all production activities within the plant and work closely with the Plant Manager to set the direction for the team and the organisation overall
- Organise and host the daily production meeting, and help align maintenance, QC and production activities.
- The Production Manager will help to embed a culture of compliance with particular emphasis on EHS and GMP principles.
- Drive the adoption of Lean techniques and drive continuous improvement projects in the production area.
- Prepare, update and review production-related documents using Good Documentation Practice.
- Develop strong EHS best practices in the production areas and will drive the reporting of Safety Observations and related CAPA's and KPI's as part of EHS culture.
- Oversee GMP compliance, including leading investigations on GMP process deviations, and using Lean Techniques to formulate reports for the QA department.
- Will act as an internal auditor for cross-departmental audits.
- Production related CAPA's that arise from deviations and/or audits
- Production Manager will provide advice on the process chemistry in the plant
- Identify training needs within the production department and produce an annual training plan in conjunction with the Plant Manager.
- As directed by the Plant Manager, will help organise job placement schemes in production.
- In conjunction with the Plant Manager will help foster and maintain good industrial relations with all production personnel.
- Be the main point of liaison with the QC Leader to ensure that the production schedule is coordinated with the testing schedule for raw materials, IPC's and finished product testing.
- Liaise with Group Supply Chain and International sales to ensure that the product planning is aligned with stock control and customer requirements.
- 10 + Years in the Pharmaceutical Industry, ideally in Active Substance Manufacture.
- 4 + Years of Managerial experience.
- Minimum of Primary Degree in Chemistry, ideally a higher degree.
- Strong understanding of Process Chemistry.
- Strong Process Safety knowledge & experience.
- Strong experience in a GxP environment, in particular GMP activities relating to API manufacture and Quality Control Activities.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with writing and reviewing controlled documentation.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Proven record of accomplishment in Continuous Improvement.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists