Job Reference: JO-1912-64925_1577098713
Our client, a Multinational Pharmaceutical company based in Cork has an opportunity available for a Process Engineer. The new incumbent would have the opportunity to develop in a dynamic, diverse work environment at an expanding site, with state-of-the-art Biotech facilities backed by significant capital investments. These facilities reflect the growth in the Biotech launch and commercialisation of the Cork site based on their strong product pipeline.
- Providing Engineering support in Continuous and Batch Manufacturing areas in Small Molecule.
- Core member of the cross-functional Process Team supporting Manufacturing.
- Development and Implementation of Unit Operation and Equipment Control Strategy to sustain and optimise Small Molecule Processes.
- Lead/support the tech transfer, scale-up and development of new processes and unit operations across Batch and Continuous Processing platforms, in partnership with the Company's Drug Development Team.
- Integrate mechanistic modelling, process simulation and analysis into current and future processes to enhance process understanding and control.
- Core member of the cross functional manufacturing process teams providing technical engineering support to Upstream, and Downstream operations in a dynamic work environment.
- Support and participate in commissioning and start-up activities of biotech unit operations and equipment.
- Initiate and implement facility and equipment upgrades to improve plant productivity and throughput through capital investment projects.
- Lead the introduction of new products with associated new unit operations and equipment, and ensure that the bio-processing at the site stays current with class leading processing and equipment innovations.
- Develop and predict processing strategies and throughout for the various products for the site biotech business using modelling tools.
- Support the optimisation of existing and developing processes using state of the art equipment in our newly established scale up plant.
- Work with our Research and Development colleagues in the US to optimise and streamline our processes and transfer these to the Cork site.
- Chemical/Biochemical Engineering with a minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Small Molecule Manufacturing/Development Unit Operations.
- Experience and knowledge of upstream and/or downstream bio-pharmaceutical unit operations, manufacturing processes, bioreactor design and control, SIP/CIP, filtration, chromatography techniques etc. also required.
- Deep technical interest and understanding in the field of Chemical Engineering.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a Process Team consisting of a diverse group of management, production, science and engineering professionals.
- Creativity to identify improvement opportunities and the tenacity/initiative to see them implemented.
- Guidance/mentoring of others through processes.
- Flexibility to meet business needs.
If you would like further information or would like to arrange a confidential discussion on the role, please contact Abeer Ansari.
For more information on our services and other roles available across Ireland, please visit our website on https://www.fastnettalentgroup.com.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists