Job Reference: JO-1912-64926_1576750376
The Principle Production Planner is primarily responsible for generating the master production schedule for the site in North Cork. This will involve the generation and maintenance of the component inventory stocking levels to support production needs. They will have a deep understanding of core Supply Chain fundamentals such as MRP, safety stock calculations and forecasting (supply V's actuals). They are also responsible for organizing production to meet customers demand and quality requirements. The Principle Production Planner is an integral part of the Supply Chain team as they are defining what to produce and when to produce it. The Principle Production Planner integrates customer on-time delivery requests into the production schedule. The Principle Production Planner will play a key role in the IT development of the future state production planning solution.
- Ownership of Production Readiness Review - ensuring capacity (labour and machine), materials and design are available to meet customer requested dates
- Regular review of acceptance process including alignment resolution and investigation ending with the organization's commitment to the customer
- Have a strong command of the impact production variances can cause on the site profitability margins - ardent financial awareness.
- Take ownership of the change management initiative needed to integrate a system driven production planning solution.
- Regularly update production variances and adjust the production plan for best results
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining transactional accuracy in the ERP system for inventory control and material usage in production
- Responsible for performing detailed root cause analysis for variance from plan; facilitate process improvements to reduce inventory and optimize flow of product through production
- Regular communications with operations/engineering and shipping teams to review production plan and performance metrics
- Manage production work orders to define the production plan in support factory procurement strategy
- Maintain & analyze all production planning performance metrics - on-time start, on-time completion & delivery, lead-time compliance, aged work orders, labour and material variances; identify, communicate, and resolve issues for best results
- Regularly provide business stakeholders with future capacity reports based upon standard labour hours, demonstrated efficiency and high light areas of concern (heavy load, new products, potential materials issues)
- Work with Master Scheduler and Purchasing to understand longer term demand requirements and ensure raw material supply plan can support business plan
- Align production schedule to material requirements planning to ensure zero stock outs.
- Masters preferredin Supply Chain, Business Administration, Operations Management or related field of study; comparable combination of education and years of experience will be considered
- Level of Experience: 10+ years of experience
- APICS certification preferred
- Must have experience and extensive knowledge of the flow of data through entire manufacturing process - from design conception to shipment of product
- Experience in a regulated, lot-controlled manufacturing environment preferred
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in cross-functional teams in a lead capacity or as a participant
- Experience or training with Lean and Visual Factory manufacturing tools
- Demonstrated strong, analytical skills, problem solving and learning ability
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of team membership
- Ability to work within defined process and identify process improvements, drive improvements and sustain improvements; Ability to get results through process
- Demonstrated comprehension and experience with various business models and their effect on supply chain structure, planning and execution
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists