Job Reference: JO-2208-66300_1662378264
My client, a leading Bioprocessing Research and Training facility based in South County Dublin currently have an opening for a PhD Student in their Formulation & Stability Department. This position is ideally suited to a researcher with an honours degree (NFQ Level 8) and a background in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical chemistry, or related field. An understanding of basic biochemistry, particularly protein chemistry, would be highly advantageous. Please familiarise yourself with the below criteria prior to applying as this will be strictly adhered to.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting doctoral level research under the leadership of the Principal Investigator and/or senior postdoc.
- Maintaining detailed and orderly records of the work performed, making them available to the Principal Investigator and/or senior postdoc upon request.
- Disseminating the outcomes of this research in poster and/or podium presentations at regional, national, and international meetings and conferences.
- With collaborators and co-authors, generating manuscripts for publication in top-tier journals.
- Participating fully in the wider research and scholarly activities of the group within the remit and restrictions of the appointed position and complying with all policies and regulations, including those in relation to Research Ethics and Health and Safety.
- A BSc in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical chemistry, or a relevant related discipline from an approved degree awarding institution.
- Effective oral and written communication skills: report writing, knowledge transfer and communication skills with the ability to present complex information effectively to a range of audiences.
- Self-motivated and able to work collaboratively and as part of a team to an agreed work plan.
- Prior experience in an industrial or academic research laboratory.
- Experience in the biopharmaceutical industry and/or as an analytical chemist, g., quality control laboratories, industry, research.
- Experience working in multidisciplinary research teams.
This is an EU funded (Greener RPP) position which is open to candidates who have not resided, worked, or studied in Ireland for more than 12 months of the last 36 months. It is a requirement that you have not previously completed a PhD.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists