A leading biopharmaceutical organisation has an exciting opening in its Medical Device Business Unit for an experienced Operations Leader to lead the medical device manufacturing capability and to support all operations including New Product introduction and the product lifecycle. Additionally, to manage process and policy relating to Personnel, Quality and Safety.
Some of the core activities in this role include
· Lead and facilitate the safe operation of the Medical Device manufacturing function in line with all safety, regulatory and operational requirements
· Ensure that the plant meets its customer service, financial, quality, safety and inventory management goals through the effective management of plant resources.
· Deliver projects to support the introduction of new products or to drive continuous improvement.
· Develop annual capital LRP to support any investments required to maintain or increase capacity and capability.
· Identify opportunities to develop operation team members to ensure optimum performance and capabilities across the group.
· Ensure safety standards are met and safe working practices adhered to.
· Align with SCM and Quality functions on priorities and implement agreed operational plans.
· Provide Operational expertise for commercial manufacturing during the development of new products, manage timelines and resources.
· Champion operational excellence through the identification and technical development of continuous improvement projects.
· Manage approved budgets and cash flow within target, including the preparation of capital and expense budgets associated with assigned projects.
· Lead Operational management team meetings and develop the site and department goals and strategies.
· Degree qualified with Masters preferred.
· 5 years or more operational and senior team leadership experience within Medical Device manufacturing, e.g manual assembly, automation, moulding or electronics essential
· Proven track record of significant contribution to product or process development or improvement initiatives.
· Strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures.
· Demonstratable history of solving complex challenges where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors.
· Competency with financial systems and in fiscal control.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists