12 Month contract
Job Title: Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineer.
Department: Material & Surface Technology Development.
Reports To: Materials Team Leader.
Technical role in the Material & Surface Technology Development group. Collaborating with global functions including R&D, Engineering and Operations, the position will be responsible for identifying and supporting strategic materials related engineering projects ensuring optimum process capability and robustness in the development of processes.
The role involves working with a cross functional team to develop advanced manufacturing processes for the implementation of materials technologies and innovative processes to build excellence in Materials Development. The role will be particularly focused on development of metal forming technologies, both traditional technologies (e.g. investment casting) and new/emerging technologies (e.g. additive manufacture), for increased performance and/or new applications.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Project management responsibility for Material Development projects with a focus on metals forming processes.
* Implement cost-effective, material-related manufacturing solutions to drive engineering efficiencies
* Conduct feasibility studies to assess new technologies or process improvements
* Apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on overall risk
* Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
* Participate in the development of long-term strategies for materials related technologies
* Conduct detailed product / process design reviews
* Support root cause analysis activities related to material processes
* Ensure all activities comply with GMP, ISO and quality system requirements.
* Ensure that all health, safety and environmental requirements are fulfilled.
* Participate in collaborations with R&D and academic institutions
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* BSc in Engineering or Materials Science with 4 years' experience in a medical device or similar industry
* 2 years' experience (technical/engineering) in regulated industry
* Project management
* Process Development
* Metal forming processes and related technologies
* Extensive statistical and problem solving engineering expertise (Six Sigma, SE or A3)
* Experience with CAD software and computer simulation packages.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists