12 Month Contract
This role supports manufacturing operations in the areas of process development, tool design, machine programming, machinery & equipment acquisition, manufacturing layout, continuous improvement and other duties associated with engineering support of production.
* Provides technical support in identifying continuous improvements to manufacturing operations and implementing new technologies including development of processes, researching current and emerging technologies and evaluating process quality, cost, capacity and capability alternatives.
* Supports the needs of manufacturing areas in terms of meeting the requirements for quality standards and compliant documentation, capacity, product availability and cost.
* Provides technical support regarding equipment design and development, testing of materials, preparation of specifications and operator instructions, process studies, investigations, root cause analysis, problem solving and report or presentation preparation.
* Performs assignments designed to continue the development of professional work knowledge and abilities requiring the application of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks, project management, statistical analysis and presentation of data and technical writing.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Leads engineering projects that are less complex, either technically or with a small cross-functional team. Leads and participates in projects including developing and executing to the plan and schedule and meeting the goals and objectives of the project. Tracks costs, prepare status reports, conduct meetings, and documents and communicates progress to management.
* Leads and participates in investigations, develops plans and executes tasks to solve process problems.
* Provides day to day support and direction to production such as, but not limited to turning, milling, drilling, EDM, finishing, packaging etc. as required.
* Writes and executes engineering studies and process validation protocols and summary reports.
* Identifies and implements process improvements using such strategies as Lean and Six Sigma principles.
* Performs gage design, measurement system analysis, and gage implementation as required. Is able to use various types of measuring instruments including, micrometers, calipers, comparators, tensile testers, coordinate measurement systems etc. to support engineering testing.
* Develops fixtures and designs tools and has the ability to express and implement ideas with tool designers.
* Supports new equipment acquisition efforts.
* Develops and implements manufacturing and inspection procedures.
* Participates in, and, in some cases, leads cross-functional teams.
* Acts as a liaison to vendors with regard to contracted products, tools & fixtures, and their manufacture.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* 2-4 years of experience in manufacturing and/or engineering is required.
* Previous experience working in a regulated industry, such as Medical Device is preferred.
* Six Sigma or Lean Sigma certification or 2 years of experience preferred.
* Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited institution in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related degree.
* Demonstrates strong written, verbal, presentation and troubleshooting skills.
* Demonstrates strong computer, organizational and project management skills and are results oriented.
* Must be willing to support all production shifts and global projects including some travel.
* Participates in and understands compliance related activities.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists