Building Services Design Manager
I am working with a leading Biopharmaceutical organisation based in Cork that has a permanent opportunity for an experienced Building Services Design Manager to join their team. You will lead and mentor the Building Services team and projects teams supporting the successful delivery of national and global CAPEX projects for the Life Science industry. The successful candidate will have full autonomy to lead, grow and develop the role. This position offers an attractive remuneration package, a supportive team and colleagues and a long term opportunity for career growth in the company's expansion. This position will play a key role in the Company's expansion and growth.
You will work as part of the Building Services team in project delivery and will be responsible for the following activities:
● Leading and mentoring a team of 8-10 engineers.
● Working with other Department and Project leads and conducting performance reviews.
● Ensuring department project deadlines are met and the quality of engineering within the department exceeds expectations.
● Co-ordination with all other disciplines all elements of Mechanical and Electrical services design with a specific focus on HVAC.
● Producing Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's) for various ductwork and pipework systems.
● Performing ductwork and pipework sizing calculations and performing fan and pump static pressure calculations.
● Specification and selection of equipment and estimate Generation and TBAs.
● Preparation of Tender Documents and liaising with vendors and contractors and attendance at Factory Acceptance and Site Acceptance Tests.
● You will be suitably qualified with a recognized third level degree in mechanical / building services engineering and with a proven track record of successful design delivery.
● You will have at least 8+ years of demonstrable design office experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical and life science sectors with a specific focus on HVAC.
● You will be energetic and dynamic with excellent people management, interpersonal and communication skills to operate within a project delivery environment.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists