Job Reference: 1AG_1654766363
- Operate to GLP standards (adherence to clients Safety and Quality Systems) within an R&D laboratory
- Provide R&D laboratory support across the Bioprocess Development department through collaboration with other scientists and engineers, both internally and externally
- Working within a research team to plan, organise and execute R&D biopharmaceutical research projects
- Support the tech transfer, development and/or optimization of cell culture processes (adherent/microbial/mammalian) and upstream unit operations (scale-up train/production bioreactors/perfusion/depth filtration)
- Facilitate the development of biopharmaceutical scale-up strategies for large molecule processes for clients
- Support the development and introduction of new techniques, methods and processes to improve business effectiveness, as required
- Prepare/Support the preparation of technical presentations and report writing
- Facilitate the discussion of issues, results and project progress with client companies and management
- Support critical lab and equipment maintenance.
- Minimum of 1-2+ years industry experience in biopharmaceutical upstream process research and development (if PhD qualified); minimum of 3-4 years industry experience (if masters qualified); minimum of 4+ years industry experience (if Bachelors degree qualified); minimum of 5+ years of experience in a biological lab within academic institutions (if experienced in relevant upstream techniques such as bioreactor processes).
- Hands-on experience with laboratory and/or pilot scale bioreactors
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to write and follow an experimental protocol.
- Demonstrated experience in cell culture techniques for adherent cultures and/or suspension culture systems.
- Self-motivated with a "can-do" attitude.
- Good technical writing skills and previous technical presentation experience.
- Ability to disseminate information to the research team and directors.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists