As a key member of the Engineering Department, work closely with operations and quality personnel to gain a full understanding of the portfolio of company products and manufacturing equipment and to optimize both to ensure reliable supply from the site.
· Identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in cross functional teams. Drives continuous improvement initiatives across the plant in areas of Quality, Safety, Cost and People.
· Development of solutions to particular production related problems from general operations to control systems, engineering restrictions, environmental issues, incorrect design and development of particular requirements.
· Lead / Support trouble-shooting activities and provide sustainable solutions for root cause processing problems.
· Effectively use the site business processes to support production e.g. change control, deviations, 6 sigma method investigations, etc.
· Support New Process Introduction to existing facilities.
· Actively look for new technologies to improve processes in line with business requirements.
· Designs experiments and capability studies for existing process trains with the aim of improving efficiencies.
· Provide technical support for Capital engineering projects.
· Lead/participate in rigorous technical risk assessments for plant changes/product introduction.
· Provides support to the incident investigation for the EHS function.
· Executes process development/transfer activities utilizing DOE and other statistical processing engineering methodologies including resulting in sound scientific reports.
· Provide training to the Operations team personnel as necessary.
· With the site engineering function generates capital equipment appropriations required for new process equipment implementation.
· Ensure all engineering changes made have safety and quality considerations as core attributes.
· Ensures comprehensive follow up and corrective/ preventive actions are in place for Quality and Safety deviations.
· Initiates and documents change controls as appropriate.
· Participation in company based and international cross functional teams.
Third level engineering qualification with experience in the Chemical / Pharmaceutical / Biochemical sector (3-5 years + experience)
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists