Our client is a major Biopharma facility in Cork. Due to continued expansion, they are looking to appoint a Project Scheduler (3-5 years exp) to their team. This is a 12-month contract offering very competitive rates.
Reporting to the Project Controls Manager, the scheduler will oversee and maintain the master project schedule on site in P6 database and develop the working schedules from project concept to production start. Key points of contact will include Project Engineers, Engineering Design Firms, Construction Management, Commissioning and Site Operations teams to create and integrate schedules. The scheduler will also manage workflows and generate progress reports and metrics for management.
· Provide end to end schedule development and management of all schedule aspects of a project from design through to manufacture, including design, construction, commissioning, qualification and tech transfer.
· Provide project controls management, including baseline schedule development and management, performance status and reporting, baseline change control, risk management, earned value management.
· Advise and consult on the application of effective planning techniques and controls (earned value, schedule variance, estimate to complete, critical path analysis).
· Support the development of integrated master schedules for specific programmes in Primavera and/or Microsoft Project that reflect all interface milestones and activity durations from multiple schedules.
· Management of schedule portfolio of projects, both large capital project and core business project schedules.
· Generation of progress reports for Project Managers.
· Integration of individual contractor programmes into overall project schedules.
· Resource loading of schedules and production of progress measure reports.
· Generate and communicate schedule recovery plans where necessary.
· Chairing schedule workshops with cross-functional teams.
· Ability to review and integrate detailed design, contracts, construction, manufacturing and tech transfer programmes.
· Development of commissioning programmes with commissioning team.
· Development of tech transfer and Operational Readiness (OPR) programmes with manufacturing and integration into overall project programme.
· Attending weekly contractor meetings across various projects.
· Developing working relationships with line managers and individuals within each functional group utilizing open communication skills.
· Degree in Science, Engineering or related field.
· Certification of training course from Oracle in Primavera P6
· 3+ years' experience in a similar role, large scale project experience desirable.
· 3+ years' experience using Primavera p6 software.
· Experience is tech transfer desirable.
· Experience in schedule resource loading and development of progress measures using earned value approach.
· Experience of developing and managing project schedules through their full project life cycle.
· Understand project scope of works across multiple engineering disciplines and restrictions imposed by design, contracts and site conditions.
· Ability to prepare written, graphical and technical information from all aspects of the schedule (i.e. histograms, S-curves, progress reports, etc.)
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists