Our Cork based client currently have an Open position for an Automation Engineer to join their team.
||The Automation Engineer will work within the Engineering Department. Reporting to the Automation Manager the automation engineer will be responsible for all automation activities on site.
||To ensure that all automation systems, both software and hardware, on site are maintained, supported and modified to the required standard to ensure that automated systems operate reliably and allow users to operate their automated systems to ensure their requirements are met.
- Independently develops and/or supervises the creation of automation engineering designs that meet Production / Utilities / Engineering operational, quality and safety requirements.
- This includes defining the automation engineering basis of design, establishing the work scope, preparing the automation engineering budget and schedule, planning the work, providing technical direction, implementing approved solutions and reporting the work status.
- Performs complex engineering tasks in important automation engineering work efficiently and accurately.
- Carries a variety of automation assignments including system maintenance, backups and archiving.
- Prepares feasibility studies, automation design criteria and preliminary system architecture drawings.
- Prepares automation URS's, detailed design system architecture drawings, I/O lists, alarm schedules, specifications and other documents suitable for operational purposes. Reviews, comments and extracts automation information from P&ID's. Works closely with Process and Instrumentation disciplines as well as other departments, including Quality and Safety.
- Generate, review and approve automation system documentation including but not limited to:
- FDSs (HDS and SDS)
- Test documentation and protocols
- Validation protocols
- Change requests for hardware/software changes
- Assists maintenance and production for ongoing plant support, including all training aspects.
- Proven ability to perform in a supervisory capacity in a engineering office environment, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a thorough knowledge of Irish and European industry practices and regulations are required.
- Working knowledge within chemical processes both batch and continuous operations.
- Familiar with the ISA S.88 model for Batch Control Systems
- Knowledge of GMP, GAMP, 21 CFR Part 11, Eudralex Annex 11, safety and environmental regulatory requirements
- Good understanding of the production & utility processes within a chemical facility, including Spray Drying operations.
- Full understanding of hazardous area classification.
- Good knowledge of communication networks, control panels, IT architecture management, data warehousing & implementation processes, HMI, MES, SCADA, PLC & DCS programming and historians.
- Good knowledge of control communication networks, including Modbus, OPC, Profibus, Fieldbus and Classic I/O types.
Experience with the following systems required;
Experience with the following systems desirable (but not limited to);
- Emerson Process Management - Delta V
- Siemens - S7; S5; WinCC
- Ifix SCADA system
- OSI PI Historian
- Cylon HVAC Controllers
- Texas Instruments PLC's
Site experience at FATs and SAT's
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
4-year degree in Control Engineering or equivalent qualification, and 5-10 years of related site work experience.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists