An excellent career opportunity has arisen with a leading Multinational Medical Device Manufacturing site in the South East for an experienced Sourcing Manager to handle the company's end to end sourcing operations. The successful candidate will be able to appraise and improve sourcing activities by analyzing the company's spending, supplying partnerships and new possibilities. They will also drive continuous value for the site by seeking out the best business terms to ensure the site is competitive in the long term. In addition, the person will be responsible for managing all shipping and warehousing activities for the site ensuring on time delivery for both internal and external customers
* Manage the company's supply portfolio ensuring transparency of spending for inventory and non-inventory items
* Generate and implement efficient sourcing and category management strategies
* Analyze and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure
* Invent negotiation strategies and secure profitable deals
* Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency
* Cooperate with stakeholders to guarantee agreement on terms and processes
* Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
* Estimate risks and apply risk minimizing techniques
* Discover and partner with trustworthy vendors and suppliers
* Ensure reliability of supply of components driving to 0 stockouts and downtime associated with raw material availability
Ensure efficient flow of materials in the receiving, warehousing and shipping areas.
* Optimize use of warehouse space to ensure most efficient storage of materials
* Own efficient and effective delivery of customer orders to their designated delivery address
* Continuous improvement of processes to ensure site achieves the goal of excellence in all areas.
* Education: Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, logistics, business or other related discipline
* Minimum 5 years' experience in sourcing, warehousing or logistics preferably in a manufacturing environment
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists