- Lead the Distribution centre team to achieve the required performance targets aligned to the organisation's strategic goals.
- Work closely with the customer services teams locally and internationally to prioritise orders and to provide a best in class service.
- Liaise with the Freight and Distribution teams internally and externally monitoring the service levels of the providers through monthly performance reviews to ensure the required standard of service is being delivered consistently in accordance with the SLA's.
- Provide monthly KPI reports to management including causal analysis of unfavorable variances and corrective action plans as per strategic targets.
- Ensure GDP compliance by the transportation providers to our client's standards, relating to the transportation of products, and any other legal or Regulatory requirements.
- Through policy and procedure improvement/changes, develop inventory processes to minimise risk and improve compliance in the Distribution centre In Line with GMP & GDP requirements.
- Managing process and material flows, space management, to maximise utilisation of the Distribution centre.
- People management - supervision of the Distribution centre team to ensure that all customers (both internal and external) requirements are serviced in line with expectations. This will be achieved through the application of an empowering style of leadership which draws fully on resources and capabilities of the team coupled with a positive employee relations approach.
- Manage communications and periodic reviews with all staff members, ensuring all performance issues are dealt with in a constructive and prompt manner.
- Execute the training program to ensure the direct team are supported regarding provision of training to enable a right first-time approach to all activities.
- Administration duties which include time and attendance system, Holiday planning, and succession planning.
- Relevant 3rd level Degree and Supervisory / Management qualification.
- 3 /4 years' experience in a supervisory or lead capacity in a GMP/GDP focused Distribution centre. Previous experience in medical device/pharmaceutical environment would be an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of GMP/GDP/FDA regulatory requirements, housekeeping, health and safety.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience of people-management and demonstrated ability in people motivation, organising and team building would be a distinct advantage
- Solid record of attention to detail and strict adherence to procedures
- Strong knowledge of the logistics and distribution industry including an awareness of relevant legislation
- Strong analytical skills to analyse and interpret challenging business situations and determine strategy
- Knowledge and experience with ERP systems, WMS / IM and TMS systems in general as well as validation of processes.
- Previous experience of working within a Known Consignor approved warehouse.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists