Our Tipperary based multinational pharmaceutical client is looking for an experienced Procurement Specialist to join their team for a 7-month contract.
- Work closely with internal customers for Direct and Indirect categories during tendering, negotiations, contracting and vendor management processes.
- Identify and advise internal customers and supply management of commercial risks inherent in quotations and purchase orders.
- Negotiate contracts with new and existing vendors, ensuring contract terms achieve benefit to the organisation and govern the long-term relationship with the supplier. Obtain internal concurrence. Ensure legal review approval is obtained in advance of any contract commitment.
- Obtaining approval at EMEA/Global level for sourcing decisions being recommended under area/s of responsibility.
- Support escalation of delivery related issues with suppliers.
- Define and manage local supplier risk profiles.
- Support the management of supplier's constraints and capacity related issues.
- Prepare month end KPI reports, plans completed, savings identified & realised, evaluations completed. Actively lead in-group strategic sourcing initiatives, as directed by the Procurement Lead.
- Support Material Cost Reduction, Freight cost reduction supplier lead time reduction and supplier partnership development.
- Optimise supplier base to deliver improved quality and cost of service.
- Develop plans for key local suppliers with application of appropriate sourcing strategy for spend category.
- Ensure compliance with the Purchasing Policy and company guidelines.
- Support continuous improvement culture
- At least five years' experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment including experience in procurement / commercial / contract management.
- Knowledge and working experience in SAP is mandatory, and strong preference for experience in a SAP project implementation role.
- Knowledge and experience in applying Lean methodologies
- Demonstrated use of continuous improvement skills/tools.
- Degree or 3rd level qualification (Technical, Manufacturing, Business).
- Desirable evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Desirable for Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
- Teamwork and ability to prioritize
- Good knowledge of MS Office systems Outlook, Excel-Proficiency on Excel Pivots, Charts, etc., Word, PowerPoint Presentations
- Knowledge of modern supply chain systems including ERP, e-procurement.
- Clear understanding of budgeting / forecasting.
- Strong communication skills, (verbal and written).
- Problem Solving Skills.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists