Our client is a leading Life Sciences M/N in Cork. They are looking to appoint a Supply Planning Manager to lead their team of planners.
The role is to manage the end to end supply planning process of products, to ensure that all customer needs are met while balancing costs. Liaising closely with Demand Planning, Customer Service, Production/Packing Operations, and Logistics to ensure there are no capacity issues or other bottlenecks in the supply chain.
- Coordinates Site S&OP process and the associated links with sister manufacturing sites.
- Ensure sufficient supply to support our customers. Drive action on supply plans where necessary to adjust to latest customer demand.
- The management, motivation and development of the Supply Planning Team - 7 people.
- Oversee the manufacturing plan that supports the supply timelines required by our customer whilst balancing inventory levels and operational efficiency of site assets. Track progress with the team and drive actions to actively mitigate any impact on delivery to customer.
- Determine right level of inventory holding, and oversee inventory levels - raw materials, semi-finished and finished in line with agreed inventory policies.
- Manage relevant Supply Chain KPI's including plant inventories, back orders, and stock outs. Drive corrective actions to get back on track where necessary.
- Manage NPI /ECO's through the planning process.
- Develop robust processes that support and enhance the planning function.
- Proactively develop, implement and drive continuous improvement and lean business processes in line with the Strategic Road map for the plant within Global Supply Chain.
- Establish and maintain positive, collaborative working relationships across the Site and Global network.
- A minimum of 8 years professional business experience is required in a Supply Chain role - 2yrs of this being in a leadership capacity.
- Strong knowledge of Supply Chain Planning concepts, strategies and ERP systems.
- A keen strategic thinker who is willing to develop and apply new concepts, systems and ideas to take the business forward.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing and production operations and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and/or ISO requirements is preferred.
- Bachelors in Supply Chain Management, Business Information Systems / Business Analytics / Financial / Mathematics or a related field (Level 8)
- APICS certification (CPIM, CRIM, CSCP) preferred
- Management and working knowledge of MRP, ERP, (Oracle, SAP, other) is necessary
- Successful leadership, planning management expertise, and critical thinking is preferred
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists