Our Cork based multinational biopharmaceutical client has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Planner to join their team for a 6- month contract. The Senior Planner will be responsible for the co-ordination of all activities related to the planning and procurement of raw materials/components in support of commercial production and new product introductions. This includes material setup, communicating the plan to the suppliers within the agreed lead times, optimizing the flow of materials, balancing warehouse capacities/inventory targets while avoiding material scrap.
* Reviewing and actioning Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) to ensure materials are available on time to support production and meet patient requirements.
* Partnering with teams in the US & the Netherlands to balance inventories across the sites while minimizing excess, obsolete and expired materials.
* Ensuring that all material delivery schedules are communicated to the suppliers on time to meet plan requirements.
* Liaising with suppliers to identify potential plan constraints and interfacing between supplier and the key internal stakeholders to ensure issue resolution.
* Partnering with Global Procurement & Supplier Quality to drive Supplier performance improvement.
* Assessing the feasibility of plan changes and communicating potential issues
* Liaising with warehouse staff to understand and adhere to space constraints and managing inventory levels within agreed targets.
* Liaising with Quality to ensure timely testing and release
* providing forecasts to suppliers and engaging in Sales &Operations Planning processes
* Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
* Supporting material introduction and phase out processes.
* Honors' Degree (NFQ level 8) in Supply Chain Management or other related Business discipline is essential
* Supply Chain Certification e.g. APICS.
* 2-6 years' relevant Supply Chain Management experience (Planning, Logistics or Manufacturing) is required.
* Experience in a similar role within a FDA/EMEA regulated environment
* Experience in Planning/Purchasing in a multi-national environment
* Experience in the use of SAP
* Ability to operate as part of a team is critical.
* Customer focus
* Attention to detail
* Good problem-solving skills
* Results and performance driven
* Masters' Degree (NFQ Level 9)
* Project Management Certification
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists