Our Dublin based multinational Biotechnology client currently has vacancy for a Public Policy Manager to join their team for a 9 month contract.
- Develop and deliver initiatives which influence the policy environment in priority therapy areas.
- Analyse healthcare policy/environmental change, understanding how it impacts on our clients business and share understanding across the organisation.
- Develop a policy plan for key therapy areas and in collaboration with the Brand team, execute the plan.
- Manage therapy area policy budgets and programmes.
- Implement programmes which positions our client as a true partner of choice with key stakeholders and build trusted and sustainable relationships with key partners.
- Work with the local strategic Healthcare Reform team and environment and stakeholder champions to develop strategy; and collaborate with partners such as the HSE, DOH and Healthy Ireland initiatives
- In collaboration with the Director, apply intelligence, knowledge and insight to analyse trends and policy and review and propose strategic responses.
- Research and formulate policy positions on key national and therapy area policy issues and use to mobilise engagement and debate on key issues.
- Build sustainable effective relationships/networks with key stakeholders who influence public health policy.
- Initiate and drive the development of strategic and integrated policy and communications campaigns and/or in conjunction with third parties to shape and drive changes in our clients key priority areas.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5-7 years in a policy / public affairs role in the health area e.g. DOH, HSE.
- Educated to degree level ideally in politics, policy or a related field.
- Communications, project management, collaboration.
- Some consultancy / public affairs experience would also be beneficial.
- A strong network in healthcare policy and academic arenas.
- Knowledge of Oireachtas procedures and legislative process
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists