The Laboratory Manager will be responsible for management of the Bioprinting Laboratory. The Laboratory Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the facility and overall site management including accountability for:
* Providing leadership, setting expectations, and managing the relationships that assist with daily operations including administration of agreements and amendments
* Supervising activities in the Bio-printing laboratory including managing and implementing systems for security, compliance, facilities, EH&S, and maintenance of confidentiality
* Management of J&J Equipment, including scheduling, prioritization, access, use, maintenance and procurement including:
* Managing and escalating requests for facility and equipment updates including the management of maintenance and repairs in accordance with JJSI and partner policies
* Managing and escalating requests for laboratory access and new project introduction into the laboratory
* Perform budgetary planning, management, and reporting on the budget status
* Management of purchasing and raising PO's for commercially available materials and consumables including ensuring requisitions are verified and validated in advance of raising a PO against and on purchasing systems
* Ensuring user training and compliance in alignment with EH&S policies
* Maintaining records and generating periodic reports related to operational status of the laboratory including:
* Laboratory capacity
* Equipment usage
* Number and status of active target projects
* Number and age of pending requests
* Other information
The Laboratory Manager requires a BS/BA Science, Engineering or related degree, with 8-10 years of combined experience in 2 or more areas in lab operations/management, scientific research, customer relations, facilities management or environmental health and safety program management. An advanced degree is preferred.
* Demonstrated experience managing a life science or similar scientific research laboratory is required.
* Broad understanding of facilities management and EH&S compliance requirements is required. Industry experience in an analytical cGMP/cGLP/cGTP environment is preferred.
* Broad understanding of life sciences research equipment is required.
* Demonstrated experience in managing supplier relationships is required.
* Demonstrated experience developing, implementing Standard Operating Procedures, Guidelines and Policies is required.
* Broad understanding of scientific research equipment is required. Strong knowledge with instrument qualifications (IQ/OQ/PQ) and other compliance activities preferred.
* Expertise in contract management and customer relationship management is preferred.
* Experience with customer service management in a lab setting is preferred.
* Experience leading direct reports with strong people management skills and collaborating with senior leadership is required.
* Demonstrated experience with making sound scientific and business-related decisions is required.
* Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills are required.
* This position is located in Dublin, Ireland and may require up to 10% domestic travel as business demands.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists