The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager is responsible for supporting brand protection/risk identification and reduction activities, improving process efficiency/cost containment and supporting sales and operational activities throughout the organization. This position uses data-driven-decision making, quality principles, tools and key metrics to drive culture of quality (CoQ) and results-oriented improvements throughout the organization.
The QA Manager leads cross-functional initiatives and teams to develop and improve organizational processes and both internal and external customer satisfaction. This position leads and develops direct reports and cross-functional team members where applicable. The QA Manager combines expertise in quality management principles, tools and techniques with high levels of business acumen to develop people, processes and associated metrics for the improvement of the business. This position is responsible for the improvement and maintenance of the quality management system (QMS).
- Leads, develops and continually upgrades skills and abilities of team
- Drives quality and cross-functional improvement initiatives to process and metrics
- Promulgates culture of quality throughout the organization through interactions, teaching and by example
- Identifies, supports and may lead brand protection and risk mitigation activities companywide
- Supports sales and operational directives
- Demonstrates both a process approach and data driven decision making/metric skills to systematically and objectively improve company performance
- Actively manages the QMS to balance gain/capture of improvements with agility and lack of bureaucracy and waste
- Bachelor of Science + least 5 years' experience performing similar tasks
- Proven successful ability in the following areas:
- Customer satisfaction/delight
- Leadership of direct reports and cross-functionally
- Influence without Authority
- Internal relationship-building cross-functionally
- Attention to detail
- Technical / Professional / Industry Knowledge
- Communications (written and oral both internal and with customer interfaces)
- Data-Decision Making and Ownership
- Development of systems, processes and metrics
- Initiating Action
- Contributing to Team Success
- Follow-up and Closure
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communications
- Must have professional demeanor; ability to use appropriate levels of tact, diplomacy, and discretion
- Demonstrated strong time management skills; able to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to resolve conflicts; work well under pressure, act quickly and decisively using sound judgment
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists