A long established food manufacturer, supplying branded and private label products to major retailers in Ireland and the UK based in Cork City are looking for a temporary Food Technologist to join their team.
* Implement microbiological, chemical and physical testing schedules in accordance with agreed programme.
* Trouble shoot and follow up on out of specification results.
* Ensure raw material and finished product evaluation and verification is completed as required.
* Upkeep of laboratory and maintenance of equipment calibration.
* Responsible for administration of supplier and customer certificate of analysis.
* Assist with quality management system document reviews and updates as required.
* Document distribution and control.
* Upkeep of online portals as assigned.
* Checking of food safety alerts and follow up.
* Report non-conformances and assist in driving root cause analysis.
* At least 1 year/18 months experience in a similar role in particular a laboratory/testing role.
* Third level qualification in Food or Nutritional Science or equivalent role.
* Proven excellent writing skills.
* Numerical ability to record.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Fluency in the spoken and written English language
* Excellent interpersonal skills
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists