- This IQA Team Leader has the responsibility for reviewing all SOP's for any job task he/she may carry out and ensure he/she fully understands and adheres to the SOP.
- Manage inspection of product from incoming and online requirements. Ensure all product is released safely and in a timely manner.
- Liase with vendors regarding requirements and develop systems to highlight areas of concerns. Schedule and co-ordinate vendor audits and maintain vendor database accordingly.
- Generate Exception Reports (E.R's) and issue vendor notifications as required.
- Manage Q.A. Inspectors to ensure targets and goals are met. Provide strong leadership to the team to ensure effective systems are in place. Ensure all team members are trained as required.
- Assess and document the reliability of the data generated within the Packing Q.A. area and enhance the quality of data by ensuring results meet required standard.
- Liase closely with Packing Managers and Warehouse Managers regarding schedules and areas where opportunities of improvements can be made.
- Carry out investigations of any non-conformances regard to non-conforming product.
- Initiate carton, can and other commodity specification changes to facilitate new product introductions.
- Review all packing Bill of Materials and materials to ensure they are compliant with customer requirements. Ensure label copy is maintained as part of compliance requirements.
- Develop and review SOP's were the need is identified.
- The position requires a consistent, methodical and speedy approach to problem solving and good follow through on items requiring action.
- Cover laboratory department functions where needed and product release to market place.
- This function will also provide QA related training as needed and provide general support the QA department.
- This Job function will change where update procedures to GMP, EHS, Technical / New Equipment, Quality Procedures & SOP's are made.
- This list of responsibilities may change depending on plant needs and employees are expected to be adaptable and flexible were this need arises.
- BSc or Diploma in Analytical Science, Food Science or equivalent. Minimum 3 years management/supervisory experience.
- Ability to implement prevention strategies
- Packing inspection presents many challenges; therefore an ability to confront and deal effectively with a challenge is imperative.
- Problem solving skills and technical skills in terms of report writing is essential.
- Trouble-shooting skills and a quick response to issues and challenges are also essential.
- Good audit skills are required.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists