The purpose of the Plant Microbiologist is to oversee the general running and operation of the Microbiology Laboratory and all aseptic techniques associated with the manufacture of Infant and Follow on Formulae.
· General oversight and management of the Microbiology Laboratory, scheduling of tasks and training of a team of microbiologists
· Perform and approve all microbiological testing to support operations and product release.
· Participate in method transfer of all microbiological method transfers
· Full oversight of all testing performed in Third Party laboratories
· Manage the investigation into any non-conformances or environmental alerts
· Actively lead and support projects and quality initiatives as part of the continuous improvement program and Food Safety program and participate in all cross functional teams as required as the site SME for microbiology
· Manage the site Pest Control Program
· Participate as required in all global team relating to microbiology and wider quality activities
· Actively participate in plant auditing programme especially in the area of cGMP and micro control. Actively participate in the plant HACCP team providing clear and valuable contribution with regard to Microbiology and appropriate controls needed.
· Expected to ensure microbiology technology is reviewed against best practice and research possibility of rapid test methods suitable for use in the testing of infant formula.
· Three years manufacturing experience and people management experience in a quality assurance function within a regulated environment
· Degree in Microbiology, Food Science or equivalent.
· Strong understanding of compliance and quality standards.
· Very good understanding of the microbiological techniques & methods used.
· Very good knowledge of the plant and all swabbing locations.
· Very good interpersonal skills
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists