The QC Lead reports to the QC Manager and is responsible for leading a team to meet deliverables these include testing of samples to meet QC metrics and release commitments. Together with the QC Manager this role is responsible for ensuring the department architecture and vision is in place to meet company needs.
The main areas of responsibility of this role are as follows:
- Lead a QC team to ensure consistent delivery to customers and provide technical expertise for all aspects of testing and out of specification investigations.
- Responsible for leading development discussions with individuals within the team in areas of professional and personnel development.
- Responsible for overall performance of the team in areas of technical delivery and inter-team and inter-department collaboration.
- Responsible for the hiring and performance management of the team.
- Coach and develop individuals within the team.
- Collaboration with QC Leads and Associates to ensure the overall running of the QC Laboratory.
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships and ensure customer satisfaction through effective communications.
- Review and approve documentation such as standard operating procedures, training modules, protocols, reports and Trackwise documents.
- Ensure the team is compliant to GxP, safety and environmental standards.
- Conduct and document out-of-specification/out-of-trend result investigations.
- Participate and or ensure support for cross-functional teams.
- Provide QC support for site plans, protocol executions, and summary reports.
- Develop and demonstrate an active approach to safety, industrial hygiene, environmental and regulatory compliance.
- Lead and implement initiatives that add value to QC and site operations.
- Solid experience of environmental monitoring, clean utilities, microbial ID, plate reading, bioburden, endotoxin, verifications, growth promotion and in-process testing.
- Previous people management experience.
- Demonstrated experience of developing and leading teams.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists