· The role will involve fermentation scale up, upstream and downstream processing, product harvesting:
- Implements and executes fermentation experiments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
- Perform necessary analytical techniques to acquire good quality experimental data.
- Setup and operate a fully-automated bioreactor system for fermentation.
- Harvest, clean, and maintain equipment.
- Monitor, operate, and document microbial fermentation processes on a daily basis
- Follow established processes and procedures to ensure consistency in operations, quality assurance standards, and production demands are met.
- Collaborate with process engineers and manufacturing teams to develop fermentation batch objectives and optimization plans.
- Conduct data analysis on fermentation batch processes, summarizing key performance criteria.
- Use trend analysis to measure unit operation performance and identify improvement opportunities.
- Summarize data trends and train others on fermentation process operations.
- Communicate results and challenges to key stakeholders.
- Generate new procedures and refine existing procedures for fermentation related equipment.
· The primary purpose of the role is to develop and scale our technology and thus trouble shooting, flexibility, adaptability to multiple tasks and changing project direction needs are critical skills that must complement excellent technical skills.
· PhD Microbiology/ Science or other
· 12 months' + experience in and R&D environment
· Fermentation process development, Pilot scale fermentation.
· Upstream processing of biobased resources and downstream harvesting and purification of fermentation products experience desirable.
· Self motivated, science driven individual
· Excellent communication skills
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists