- Perform analytical testing as a main priority with efficiency and accuracy
- With a high degree of technical flexibility, work across diverse areas within the lab
- Plan and perform multiple, complex routine/ non-routine methods and procedures and a large variety of assays.
- Report, evaluate, back-up/archive, trend and approve analytical data.
- Troubleshoot, solve problems and communicate with stakeholders.
- Initiate and/or implement changes in controlled documents.
- Participate in audits, initiatives, and projects that may be departmental or organizational in scope.
- Write protocols and perform assay validation and equipment qualification/verification.
- Introduce new techniques to the lab, including method transfers, reports, validations and protocols.
- Evaluate lab practices for compliance and operational excellence improvement on a continuous basis.
- Approve lab results
- May participate in lab investigations.
- May provide technical guidance.
- May train others.
- May contribute to regulatory filings.
- May represent the department/organization on various teams
- May interact with outside resources
- Bachelor's degree in a science discipline
- Bio-pharmaceutical QC experience in a microbiology lab
- Experience with regulatory compliance in cGMP manufacturing and testing of pharmaceutical products
- Experience in a wide variety of microbiological techniques, including but not limited to Bioburden, Endotoxin, Sterility (in an Isolator), Environmental Monitoring, Rapid Micro techniques, Microbial Identification, Media prep, Water Sampling.
- Understanding and application of principles, concepts, theories and standards of GMP QC microbiology laboratories. Deepens technical knowledge through exposure and continuous learning
- Knowledge of related regulatory/industry considerations, compliance issues and/or scientific discovery
- Take initiative to identify and drive improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Technical writing skills for GMP documentation (e.g. investigations, procedures, change controls)
- Presentation skills
- Escalate issues professionally and on a timely basis
- Decision Making skills
- Teamwork and Coaching others
- Technically strong background in microbiology and aseptic manufacturing
- Experience in LIMS, Change Control, Trackwise, SAP and EDMQ an advantage
- Experience with Regulatory inspectors and interacting with inspectors desirable
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists