- To perform laboratory tests and analysis on both food and agri feed samples (pH, particle size, titrations etc) and record results, flagging any non-conformance (compared to current specifications) to the Quality Manager or the manufacturing factory when required, or generating reports on competitors' samples or potential new ingredients
- To prepare and send customer samples with the relevant paperwork (Certificates of Analysis, Safety Data Sheet etc)
- To prepare and send samples to our external laboratories, from creating Purchase Order, establishing costs and turnaround times, chasing results, logging results when received and flagging non-confirming results to the Quality Manager or the manufacturing factory when required.
- To collate all internal and external test results into an accurate Certificate of Analysis (COA) for each consignment dispatched from the company (referencing all correct details such as Product, Lot Code, Date of Manufacture, Purchase Order, Quantity etc)
- To issue Certificates of Conformance for the raw materials sent from our Irish factory to the UK factory (with correct lot numbers, dates, quantities etc)
- To prepare quality/ technical related statements (such as Allergen status, GMO status etc) to customers on request.
- To complete customer questionnaires relating to the quality/ technical aspects of our product range on request.
- To log and investigate the customer complaints, and together with the Quality Manager help to establish the root cause, corrective and preventive action so that the complaint can be closed out with the customer and to ensure the same issue will not occur again.
- To ensure the Customer Order Information is kept up to date.
- To ensure all laboratory documents and records are kept up to date and filed in an orderly retrievable manner including:
- Certificates of conformance/analysis
- Internal Laboratory
- Test reports
- Calibration of equipment
- To ensure the general maintenance and upkeep of the laboratory including ordering of materials/equipment, calibration of equipment, record keeping and cleaning.
- Diploma or equivalent in Agri Science/ Food Science, Science, Technology or related discipline
- Experience of working in an Animal Food/Food Quality department or laboratory
- Good Chemistry knowledge
- Experience with ICP, spectrometer, particle size analysis, pH, bulk density, automated titration system would be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of an independently accredited Quality Management System such as FEMAS, GMP+, ISO 22000, BRC etc
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communicator, a team player with an ability to interact with, and influence people
- Practical, flexible, self-starter with a hands-on approach.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists