The Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for the analytical testing of all raw materials, in process, intermediates, engineering and finished goods submitted into the Drug Eluting Stent (DES) Analytical Laboratory. Provides day to day supervision for laboratory chemists and laboratory technicians who perform the chemical laboratory testing for all raw materials, in process intermediates, engineering and finished goods. May also be assigned responsibility for supervision of Microbiology laboratory. In some assignments, establishes the direction of the research necessary for the development and adaptation of new test procedures including validation of these procedures.
The individual will have responsibilities for all lab metrics, all lab training and all out of specification/ out of trend investigations. The individual will be a key leader for developing new hires and interfacing with the outside regulatory agencies. The individual will be responsible for achieving site objectives and ensuring key laboratory turnaround metrics.
- Oversees appropriate disposition of all products and their component materials through the timely release of complete accurate test results. Oversees complete documentation of test records for all materials tested.
- Ensures that the laboratory is in compliance with appropriate regulatory requirements. Maintains and uses technical expertise of current laboratory testing procedures/ instrumentation with input from an appropriate analytical resource. Applying technical expertise must initiate, schedule and implement productivity improvement programme with supervision.
- Assure provision of and actively pursues improvement of laboratory support to production, research and development and engineering.
- Writes Laboratory procedures, testing instructions and/or operating procedures. Approves specifications and testing instructions with supervisor guidance.
- Leads in selection, hiring, training, termination, promotion, demotion or placement of employee in their group. Participates in all group performance reviews, merit ratings and salary increases.
- Identifies and resolves personnel issues.
- Assure training and development of subordinates.
- May be responsible for one or more shifts across Microbiology personnel.
- Assists in the responsibility of meeting division production objectives within planned budgets. Provides input to manager for resources needed to construct budgets, updates and changes in financial plan. Manages area supplies and equipment within budgeted amounts.
- Originates and processes department requests for Capital Expenditure (RCE's) with supervisory guidance. Provides input to department capital planning process.
- National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) Level 7 qualification in a relevant discipline and 4+ years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- The incumbent must possess some level of human relations skills to deal effectively with members of the deparment and the areas serviced by the laboratory.
- Problem solving is required in multiple facets of the job including technical, managerial, administrative, etc.
- The supervisor must be able interpret impact of laboratory data for appropriate and effective action and priority with supervision.
- The supervisor must be able to identify problem areas requiring development, maintenance, production, engineering, accounting or planning.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists