Duties and Responsibilities
- Synthesizes compounds to meet production demands, purifies synthesized compounds, works with milli- to kilogram quantities.
- Assists in the purchasing of raw materials.
- Isolates and identifies desired product from complex mixtures.
- Reads scientific literature with accuracy and understanding.
- Improves methods for synthesis, analytical control and production of established molecules.
- Analytical support to new projects; activities related to analytical development, validation and/or transfer work for projects
- Ensure that technical transfer analytical tasks are accomplished within the timeframe defined and according with the scope and cGMP requirements.
- Generation of documentation to support the introduction of new products from external customers (protocols, reports, methods and specifications)
- Improve knowledge in Analytical Chemistry area in terms of new technologies and new methodologies.
- To maintain all laboratory notebooks and records as per GMP and in accordance with the Quality System in place
- To calibrate and maintain designated laboratory instruments.
- To support the laboratory testing schedule in order to achieve an efficient QC system (Analyse Raw Materials, In-Process Materials and Finished Products as required).
- Participate in Laboratory audits e.g. Regulatory /Customer.
- Interpret analytical results and resolve technical and/or operational problems and provide technical advice and support to analysts.
- PhD Organic / Inorganic Chemistry OR MSc Organic/Inorganic Chemistry + 1 years' industry experience
- Experience in synthesizing chemical compounds, developing new processes
- Excellent knowledge of GC, HPLC (UPLC experience would be an advantage)
- A good knowledge of wet chemistry, Karl Fisher, FTIR, particle size analysis desirable
- Excellent Communication skills both written and oral;
- Results driven, positive attitude, team player, able to deal with multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity at all times
- Analytical skills and ability to make decisions under pressure:
- Flexibility is essential (willingness to work shift patterns as required by business needs
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent computer skills e.g. MS Word, Excel
- Experience with LIMS and Empower is desirable
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists