Duties and Responsibilities
- Analytical support to new projects; activities related to analytical development, validation and/or transfer work for projects
- Ensure that technical transfer analytical tasks are accomplished within the timeframe defined and according with the scope and cGMP requirements.
- Generation of documentation to support the introduction of new products from external customers (protocols, reports, methods and specifications)
- Improve knowledge in Analytical Chemistry area in terms of new technologies and new methodologies.
- To maintain all laboratory notebooks and records as per GMP and in accordance with the Quality System in place
- To maintain good housekeeping and adhere to all safety requirements
- To maintain and follow all relevant procedures.
- To calibrate and maintain designated laboratory instruments.
- To support the laboratory testing schedule in order to achieve an efficient QC system (Analyse Raw Materials, In-Process Materials and Finished Products as required).
- To bring to the notice of the Team Leaders, or Director any discrepancies, deviations or non-conformance's in testing or work practice.
- Liaise with other departments and external customers
- To adhere and ensure all safety requirements and expectations are met
- Participate in Laboratory audits e.g. Regulatory /Customer.
- Interpret analytical results and resolve technical and/or operational problems and provide technical advice and support to analysts.
- Prepare, review and revise, as required, procedures and specifications.
- 2 years+ industrial experience in a GMP regulated chemistry laboratory
-BSc. in Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry or other related qualification is required.
-Excellent knowledge of GC, HPLC (UPLC experience would be an advantage)
-A good knowledge of wet chemistry, Karl Fisher, FTIR, particle size analysis desirable
- Excellent Communication skills both written and oral;
-Results driven, positive attitude, team player, able to deal with multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity at all times
- Analytical skills and ability to make decisions under pressure:
- Flexibility is essential (willingness to work shift patterns as required by business needs)
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent computer skills e.g. MS Word, Excel
- Experience with LIMS and Empower is desirable
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists