Connecting with Fastnet Contractors – ‘Voice of the Customer’
Optimising the contracting experience for all contractors is very important to Fastnet and we are continuously looking at how we can improve. Over the past three months we conducted Voice of the Customer focus groups and 1:1 interviews on a number of client sites, followed by an online survey. This research has helped us to shape the Fastnet contractor communications and support strategy.
Over a five-week period, Fastnet conducted several focus groups and 1-1 interviews with contractors during October and November. All focus group participants actively engaged in the sessions, bringing valuable insights to the facilitators. A detailed discussion took place around:
• why contractors chose to engage with Fastnet
• the level of communication and engagement contactors experience
• communication channels that contractors use
• ways of further engaging with contractors
Based on the outputs from the focus groups, an online survey was distributed to all Fastnet contractors in early January to obtain their opinion on several communications options. These ranged from communications channels most favoured by contractors, to relevant content they would like to receive from Fastnet.
Key findings included:
· 91% respondents were very satisfied or satisfied with Fastnet’s communications, with a further 9%
· 79% respondents expressed an interest in a Fastnet Contractor Rewards Programme
· 78% would like regular updates on new legislation affecting contractors
· 75% would like a dedicated section on the Fastnet website
These valuable insights will enable Fastnet to develop a meaningful strategy around Contractor Communications and Engagement, for the coming 18 months. Keep an eye out for some exciting developments.