Our client is a leading FDA regulated manufacturing site in the South East. Due to continued expansion and growth they wish to appoint a Senior Operations Manager to meet and exceed business objectives ensuring consistent achievement of all financial and operational KPIs.
The successful candidate will manage, inspire and motivate the operations team to ensure operational excellence, high employee engagement and service improvement is achieved. They will be part of the SLT and be charged with developing the site into a world class lean manufacturing site. Constantly strive to deliver quality products in an environment focused on throughput increase, inventory reduction, and operating expense reduction. Lead in and develop an ongoing value adding culture that engages all associates.
· In conjunction with the Continuous Improvement Manager implement a manufacturing system built around a lean philosophy of plant management.
· Ensure safe work practices in all areas of operations and strive to 0 lost time accidents in the operations area.
· Produce quality products on time and within committed to lead times.
· Continually strive to increase throughput, reduce inventory and reduce operating expenses.
· Develop an appropriate structure to enable the accomplishment of company and corporate goals. Provide training where required in order to ensure that your staff have the necessary skills to complete their duties effectively and efficiently.
· Conduct regular communication sessions with all staff and ensure all employees are briefed at least once a month.
· Deliver outputs to plan in all areas.
· Work with planning team to ensure the right level of Capacity is available in all areas to support >98% on time delivery to our customers.
· Develop a reporting format suitable for presenting the work of the production group to Director level meetings. Streamline metrics across areas to ensure consistency and easy to understand format.
· Keep abreast of developing trends within the Medical Device Industry in general and specifically within manufacturing.
· Develop and manage a 6S audit system and ensure the areas under your direct control are maintained to world class standard.
· Embed a Cl culture that engages all associates and drives constant improvement in safety, quality, delivery and cost.
· Prepare and control annual budgets for the significant operations team
· Several years Leadership experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment
· Excellent leadership skills
· Level 8 (min) Degree in Manufacturing and / or Engineering.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists