Our client is an International company with an established presence in Cork providing high quality niche ingredients to the food and beverage manufacturing industry. They are looking to appoint a Plant Manager to their Cork site. The successful candidate will be directly responsible for leading the Cork Manufacturing team, Logistics and Customer Service and Quality and Maintenance Operations in a safe and effective manner.
§ Ensure excellent performance in product quality/on time delivery for customers. Proactively communicate internally and externally as appropriate to resolve customer concerns and maintain reputation as a top tier supplier.
§ Work closely with other European Strategy Team members to plan, develop and implement strategy for operational management and development to meet agreed organizational goals within agreed budgets and timescales (covering relevant areas of operation e.g. manufacturing, purchasing, EHS and maintenance).
§ Monitor, measure and report on operational issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales with relevant stakeholders.
§ Responsible for working with the HR Manager to ensure that all HR and communication functions are managed effectively, including staffing, training, recognition, performance feedback, corrective/ disciplinary action when required and others not included here
§ Ensure that the Cork production and production related areas function effectively through excellent leadership (including cost management, associate relations management, continuous improvement, etc.)
§ Responsible for leading the Continuous Improvement Program & QIP and IFI process for the Cork plant
§ Responsible for ensuring that customer and compliance audits are done in a timely and professional manner.
§ Guidance and instructions to planners to assure logistics requirements are being met (Stock Management, Inventory Planning, Production Scheduling, Distribution and Transport)
§ Liaise with suppliers about operational performance
§ Lead the safety, health and environment effort to achieve expected results and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements
§ Ensure a safe and engaged work environment through high performance teams
· Bachelor's degree (engineering/technical preferred, business related acceptable)
· 5-7 years management experience.
· Technical knowledge is preferred, food industry experience a plus.
· Must have excellent oral and written communication talents, as well as the ability to work with, listen to, and develop people.
· Able to balance multiple demands on time with effective prioritization and help others to do same.
· Must be comfortable making decisions quickly and taking responsibility for the outcome of those decisions.
· Demonstrated understanding of overall business principles (can see the "big picture").
· Experience in managing production processes and associates, preferably multiple functions.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists