A leading highly regulated M/N in Co. Cavan requires an experienced Process Shift Manager to oversee the processing, evaporation and drying of products in the Process Department to specified quality standard.
* Training and supervision of all process operators and contractors within the work area.
* Ensure compliance with all standards and procedures.
* Maintain plant safety at the highest level with a zero-accident target and with immediate response and thorough investigation and corrective action for all hazardous occurrences and accidents.Constantly work to improve the compliance culture with respect to quality, housekeeping, cGMP and food safety requirements, utilizing plant systems such as CAPA and Teamcenter.
* Provide leadership, direction and co-ordination to the Process Shift.
* Ensure all process equipment is checked regularly to ensure no non-conformances exist and to ensure they are operating in a safe and efficient manner.
* Monitor performance versus Plan and Update. Take corrective action as necessary in order to meet targets for output, payroll and operating expenses.
* Assist Process Manufacturing Manager and Planners in preparation of production schedules.
* Maintain the highest standard of safety, quality, customer service and environmental control ensuring compliance with organisational policies and procedures, meeting all local, statutory requirements and meeting the regulatory requirements of countries to which are products are shipped.
* Maintain awareness for the need for ongoing change and continuous improvement. Implement strategies and programs to meet current Process objectives and to meet future growth requirements utilizing business excellence initiatives.
* Maintain a positive employee relations atmosphere. Ensure that there is good communication and co-operation by encouraging knowledge sharing and open exchange of ideas within the Plant.
* Manage process team effectively through coaching and counselling where appropriate leading by example at all times.
* Maintain good communication lines with other departments e.g. Engineering, Q.A., Materials, Human Resources and Finance.
* Ensure the Process operation is in compliance with policies and procedures with the goal of being in audit ready state at all times.
* Ensure continued implementation of the Performance Excellence initiative completing all goals, performance reviews and growth plans accordingly.
* Participate in ongoing change and Bex initiatives.
* Third level with preferably a Chemical, Dairy or Food Science Qualification.
* Three years minimum technical experience in Dairy/ Food Industry
* One years' experience in a Supervisory Role.
* Ability to motivate and direct others.
* Maturity and ability to control multi-task situations.
* Good problem-solving skills.
* Ability to evaluate and make decisions in order to achieve the department targets.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists