- Maintain plant safety at the highest level with a zero-accident target and with immediate response and thorough investigation and corrective action for all hazardous occurrences and accidents and follow-up.
- Constantly work to improve the compliance culture with respect to quality, housekeeping, cGMP and food safety requirements.
- Minimize environmental risks to ensure no adverse environmental impact, with immediate and appropriate response and thorough investigation for all environmental incidents.
- Provide leadership, direction and co-ordination to the Packing Shift.
- Monitor cGMP, hygiene and safety practices within the Packing area through focus on walk downs.
- Ensure all packing equipment is checked regularly to ensure no non-conformances exist and to ensure they are operating in a safe and efficient manner.
- Monitor performance versus Plan and Update. Take corrective action as necessary in order to meet targets for output, payroll and operating expenses.
- Assist Materials Manager and Planners in preparation of production schedules.
- Maintain awareness for the need for ongoing change and continuous improvement. Implement strategies and programs to meet current Packing objectives and to meet future growth requirements with full focus on business excellence strategy.
- Take responsibility for training and development of employees on his/her shift. Ensure all employees achieve their full potential and develop their skills to meet the current and future needs of the Manufacturing Department. Ensure all new recruits or internal moves get full induction and on the job training.
- Monitor all Packing staff time cards and records of absenteeism, overtime, etc. and take corrective action as appropriate.
- Ensure effective implementation also out of actions of the plant CAPA system.
- Ensure the Packing Operations are in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure continued implementation of the Performance Excellence initiative completing all goals, performance reviews and growth plans accordingly.
- Manage packing team effectively through coaching and counselling where appropriate leading by example at all times.
- This Job function may change where changes to cGMP, EHS, Technical / New Equipment, Quality Procedures & SOPs are made.
- Ensure compliance across the shift at all times.
- Meet on a continuous and reliable basis the requirements to produce the highest quality in the most efficient, safe and hygienic manner, in compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Provide the necessary support to Packing to achieve organizational plant goals.
- Provide overall leadership, direction and co-ordination to the Packing Shift.
- Monitor performance versus Plan and Update.
- Maintain a high standard of safety, quality and adherence to cGMP in the plant.
- Relevant experience with a Bachelor Degree / Diploma in Food Science, food engineering or an equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of three years' experience in a food beverage or pharmaceutical industry.
- At least five years' experience in a supervisory role.
- Good understanding of the manufacturing process.
- Good problem solving and communication skills are required.
- Good computers skills are required.
- Good analysis and decision-making skills are required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Good human relations skills in dealing with all levels of employees.
- The ability to organize, develop, motivate and understand employees.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists