Leading Medical Device Client in Galway have a requirement for an Operations Manager to join their team managing the 2 Value Streams. Permanent position.
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating activities of the manufacturing department(s) in processing materials and manufacturing products
The incumbent will coordinate activities of the facility to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and facilitates the implementation and maintenance of the latest equipment, facilities and engineering concepts that are consistent with safe and environmentally acceptable operations. The operations manager will champion the constant change required to ensure an efficiently run operation by leading peers and direct reports in continuous improvement and change activities.
- Work as a team member with QE, Engineering, Customer Operations, HR, Finance, and Director of Operations to lead facility and achieve performance drivers particularly in quality, cost and delivery.
- Ensure processes and controls are in place to operate and information is communicated and acted upon in a timely manner for all processes.
- Establish daily, weekly and monthly production metrics for each cell/line. Ensure visible and timely updating of performance metrics and communicate to shop floor so that metrics on quality, cost and delivery are understood.
- Oversee all production personnel directly or indirectly through leads and supervisors.
- Facilitate daily production meetings with Customer Operations and utilize this meeting to identify actions that maximize Fill Rate performance.
- Work with engineering to facilitate maintenance activities and ensure operating equipment is identified and properly maintained through a monitored system.
- Coordinate production activities with materials, maintenance and quality control activities to achieve optimal production output and utilization of people and equipment so that unnecessary costs are minimized.
- Management of the supply chain from Raw material to finished products.
- Working with end customers in setting up Kanban and consignment contracts and in turn channeling this back through the supply chain in setting up Kanban/consignment contacts with raw material suppliers.
- Responsible for achieving utilization goals production standards and scrap rates to meet or succeed the metric goal and on time delivery.
- Ensure output, timelines, quality, and cost to standards are consistent with customer requirements and company strategy.
- Works collaboratively with other functions to drive continuous improvements throughout the facility using lean principles and Six Sigma tools.
- Compile sales forecasts on a regular basis, and participates with the facility management team in creating the plant operations review, annual operation plan and rolling forecasts.
- Participate in Internal Quality Audits, following Internal Audit training.
- Perform other duties as necessary to ensure an efficiently run operation and facility.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering/Science discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years management experience in a fast paced, highly regulated manufacturing environment (Medical Devices preferred)
- Must have strong leadership skills including development of staff, successfully executing objectives and projects, ability to lead in a cross matrix work environment.
- Demonstrated Lean/ Six Sigma/ Process Excellence experience.
- Proven experience building relationships across diverse engineering/manufacturing groups, site management and senior leadership team.
- Machining and/or assembly background is an advantage.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Project, Word, and PowerPoint at a minimum) and ability to use/ learn Oracle as the company ERP system (preferably Oracle) and extract reports as directed.
- Excellent communicator: verbal, written and presentation skills.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists