Our Cork based multinational client has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Planner to join their team on a permanent contract.
- Principle contact and liaison between the maintenance department and operation planning.
- Review all planned work requests from assigned areas and determine validity and accuracy of information and engage the appropriate resources to set a preliminary priority.
- Reviews work request for accuracy and clarity
- Identifies work requiring engineering design and reviews them with engineering.
- Escalates issues to the Site Maintenance Manager for work which does not appear to be valid or costly.
- Review the work to be performed and determine the best way to accomplish the work.
- Obtain and organize all information required for the crafts to perform the work
- Identifies and secures all parts and materials required to complete the work by providing stores a Bill of Material for the work order and any special kitting instructions.
- Provide job estimates based on craft or skills required, sequence required and number required.
- Manage the status of work control and backlog for work order submission to work order completion.
- Develops a preliminary workforce schedule by crew ensuring all skills requirement and resource availability is met.
- Finalize the Maintenance resource schedule based on agreed plan with production.
- Manage a backlog of work orders which require major or significant portion of the facility to be shutdown.
- Continuously improves the job estimate, planning and scheduling by receiving feedback from maintenance supervisors, maintenance leads, production supervisors, engineers and production planners.
- Keep accurate metrics on the performance of planning and scheduling functions and provide timely reports to the Reliability manager.
- Third level degree qualified in an engineering or related discipline
- 5-10 years of experience working within maintenance planning.
- SAP PM module experience a distinct advantage
- Adequate craft knowledge and skill to accurately estimate labor hours, material requirement and skills needed to complete a job.
- Demonstrated ability to visualise and communicate the execution of work.
- Demonstrated ability to read technical drawings, machine and process drawings. Have the ability to sketch or redline existing drawings.
- Knowledge and understands the maintenance processes and proper use of the work order system, planning and scheduling and storeroom processes.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists