Business Unit Lead Engineering
In line with our strategic objectives to increase market share in our specialist sectors, we are currently seeking a Business Unit Lead for the Engineering Team. The successful candidate will play a key role in delivering on business unit objectives as well as promoting and maximising market opportunities for the Engineering division. This role will be based in Cork or Dublin and will focus on delivering to existing Life Sciences clients as well as developing new business.
Fastnet is a dynamic and innovative Talent and Recruitment Consultancy. We are the market leader in the Life Sciences sector, and steered by our core values, our team of expert Talent consultants collaborate with many leading multinational and indigenous firms delivering tailored talent solutions.
With almost 20 years' experience in all aspects of Recruitment, Staffing and Talent Management, Fastnet has built a business on growing and developing highly-effective strategic partnerships with key clients and working with candidates to optimise their career prospects. For us, it's personal - clients and candidates put their trust in us and we take that very seriously.
Our total Talent Solutions include: Recruitment & Staffing, Contract Solutions, Executive Search and Talent Management. Established in 1999, the founding directors of Fastnet had a clear differentiation strategy -
- Niche Life Sciences Focus. Our 'inch wide, mile deep' approach optimises outcomes for our clients and candidates.
- Partnership Approach. Our tagline 'Not Just Placers….Partners' captures our strategic intent to work closely with all stakeholders building long-term high-value strategic partnerships with a focus on exceeding expectations where possible.
What will the role entail?
- Delivering on the Engineering Business Unit objectives, in line with Fastnet's corporate vision and strategic direction.
- Working in an entrepreneurial environment, you will partner with and provide high-end recruitment solutions to established blue chip clients.
- You will manage, mentor and develop talent consultants within the business unit.
- You will manage the full recruitment life cycle by working closely with both clients and candidates to understand their unique requirements and expectations, thereby ensuring a successful outcome for all involved.
- You will work on building long term relationships with existing clients as well as developing new business within your specialist sector.
- You will develop and grow the Business Unit's candidate network through creative talent acquisition strategies and campaigns.
- You will keep up to date on industry developments and news and be recognized as a Subject Matter Expert in your specialist area.
- You will be innovative in your approach and embrace Social Media as a tool for engaging with both clients and candidates.
Who you are:
- You are educated to either Diploma/Degree level.
- You have 6 years' + relevant industry experience - experience within Life Sciences is a distinct advantage.
- You have a proven track record of delivery and leadership in recruitment.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit with strong commercial flair.
- You are creative and bring ideas to the table.
- You buy into our 'not just placers…partners' philosophy and appreciate the value of excellent customer service.
- You will have a desire to work in a fast paced, target driven environment where priorities are changing on a regular basis and agility in your approach will be essential!
What we will do for you:
- You'll join a highly reputable, established, successful and supportive team.
- You'll work with leading edge blue chip clients.
- You will enjoy a highly competitive suite of benefits including: salary & bonus scheme, healthcare & pension scheme, an extra day's annual leave for each year of service, sports and social club and more!
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists