Job Reference: JO-2101-65519_1609761108
Senior Upstream Bioprocess Development Scientist
Permanent opportunity with our innovative Dublin based client
Principal Duties and Objectives
- Operate to GLP standards within a R&D laboratory.
- Responsible for steering the research activity in the laboratory and managing the experimental workplan to uphold Upstream Biologics workflows, maintaining 'excellence in execution' and meeting project objectives. This will comprise of a mixture of personal/hands-on laboratory activity and guidance/direction of the supporting research activities taken on by bioprocess scientists, engineers and analysts attached to the project(s).
- Author, review and approve technical presentations, updates, reports, and client facing materials and information.
- Lead the tech transfer, development and/or optimization of upstream processes across a range of development areas (Such as Vaccine development, Cell Therapy, Gene Therapy and Monoclonal antibody production).
- Lead the development and introduction of new techniques, methods, and processes to improve business effectiveness, as required.
- Technically represent the organisation to clients and at conference events.
- Minimum of 5+ years' industry experience in process development or Manufacturing Sciences and Technology (MSAT) support (if PhD qualified); or Minimum of 7+ years' industry experience (if MSc qualified). Minimum of 10+ years' industry experience (if Bachelors qualified).
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multidisciplinary environment using different cell-based platforms (mammalian, avian, human, insect and microbial).
- Experience in technical coaching and mentoring.
- Experience in developing OFAT and DOE experimental plans.
- Proficiency in the operation and troubleshooting of bench-top and single-use (SUB & WAVE) bioreactor systems.
- Experience in the scale-up/down and tech transfer of cell culture processes.
- Self-motivated with "can-do" attitude.
- Excellent technical writing and technical presentation skills.
- Ability to disseminate information to research team and directors.
- Hands-on experience in the application of process analytical technologies such as Raman Spectroscopy.
- Experience in leading a team and supervising a PD/MSAT laboratory.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists