A fantastic career opportunity has arisen within the Senior leadership team in our Cork client's multiproduct biopharmaceutical drug product manufacturing site for a Technical Operations Manager.
You will lead new product Introduction to the site, process performance, control, improvement, innovation, and technical support. In this role you will be part of a global community of leaders who coach and mentor diverse teams of scientific technical experts; developing their knowledge and ability to collaborate to ensure delivery of our clients promise to their patients.
* Coach and mentor a team of technical scientific and engineering experts who support the technical transfer and commercial manufacture of our products
* Be part of the senior leadership team responsible for delivering on the site's strategic plan, ensuring they meet their customer, quality, safety and financial goals
* Partner with site leadership peers in Operations, Engineering, Business Excellence and Quality to ensure process improvements and innovation are delivered in a collaborative, effective manner
* Develop your team as a high performance team - partnering and building on their capabilities to deliver a world class service for the site
* Be the technical leader advising and influencing the strategic technical future of the site - developing the site strategy for new technology application and knowledge development
* Lead new product and technology transfer activities aligned with the business objectives
* Strategically position the site to attract new products from the pipeline or through CMO opportunities
* Drive and deliver on performance KPI's - safety, quality, production and financial
* MSc and ideally a Ph.D. qualification in Science, Engineering or Pharmacy
* 7-10 years' experience in a leadership position within the biopharmaceutical industry, oral solid dose manufacturing experience is critical.
* Demonstrated project management experience
* Strong people management & problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to work on own initiative while leading and developing your team
* Lean six sigma qualification preferred
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists