Support Utilities Engineer
12 Month Contract
JOB DESCRIPTION & SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES
· The Support Utilities Engineer will perform an integral role in the development of a leading drug product facility.
· The Engineer will take ownership for the support utilities (such as, but not limited to, chilled water, cooling towers, heating hot water, plant steam, process waste, instrument air, freezers, CTU (controlled temperature units), process and potable water, electrical power, non-GMP HVAC - heating ventilation and air conditioning). Responsible for the support utilities equipment.
· Provide leadership, cross functional support and technical expertise to IUFT, maintenance and manage their operation through design, construction, validation, start-up and commercial manufacturing. Ensure that objectives are effectively achieved, consistent with company requirements to ensure compliance, safety and reliable supply to our customers.
· The support utilities engineer will collaborate across functions, supporting, coaching and facilitating project sub-teams. Together, this dynamic group will meet the required project schedule milestones, in accordance with the applicable company standards for Quality and EHS compliance.
· Responsible for delivery of schedule milestones throughout the project duration.
· Collaborate and work cross functionally to develop and deliver on all aspects of the project through URS, FAT, SAT, IC, OC, IQ, OQ, PPQ and commercialization to meet schedule milestones
· Driving operational and technical excellence to deliver all components of a stable support utility equipment portfolio supporting PPQ, facility start-up and commercial supply, supported by a flexible, collaborative, multi-skilled teamwork environment.
· Assist with design and operationalisation of a successful support utilities team that delivers right-first-time utilities to achieve production requirements.
· Resolve issues and escalate risks in a timely fashion to the relevant on-site stakeholders.
· Comply with the current Manufacturing Division, Quality and EHS Management System requirements, as relevant to the project and commercial operations.
· Ensure that the support utilities team receive appropriate resources and programmes to develop technical and other skills, to complete their jobs whilst stimulating personal growth and development in line with the role. Develop and maintain training programmes.
· Drive effective writing/revising/ rolling out of accurate operational procedures, training materials and maintenance procedures for various IPT systems; ensure all work is subsequently carried out in line with same.
· Foster a culture of continuous improvement by deploying Six Sigma tools and support implementation of Model Area within operations from the start.
· Expected travel - 20%
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE - KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
· Degree qualification or equivalent (Science, Engineering, Technical) with 3+ years experience.
· Experience with facility commissioning and startups.
· Demonstrated site operations project experience, from capital projects to continuous support to manufacturing operations.
· Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
· A strong career history in pharma (ideally working with support utilities) and familiarity with a highly regulated environment.
· SME (subject matter expert) in support utility engineering lifecycle (design, through to sustaining operations; including ARM - asset reliability maintenance).
· SME in mechanical, electrical, refrigeration, temperature control, fluid and pneumatic utility systems
· Knowledge of regulatory/code requirements to Irish, European and International Codes, Standards and Practices
· Report, standards, policy writing skills required
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and job related computer applications required
· Lean Six Sigma Methodology experience
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists