Job Reference: JO-2001-64967_1579693635
We are currently sourcing a Snr Controls Engineer for our Drug Product & API Manufacturing facility in Sligo. In this role, you will provide technical leadership and ownership of all control system activities and program management to all manufacturing operations and NPI's throughout the site.
- Be the authority for audits by HPRA/FDA or Customers on Control Systems.
- Define proposals for long term plans for control system maintenance and improvements for management.
- Mentorship of team members on ongoing basis with focus on overall team's performance.
- Provide key leadership support to your Manager including financial insights as appropriate
- Lead validation activities during project start-up.
- Project lead control system elements of continuous improvement projects, working closely with process engineers/ technical support chemists and other departments to deliver
- Be the project manager and technical lead of future integrations of the control systems, with planned MIS and ERP systems.
- Life cycle management of the on-site control systems, to GAMP-5 requirements.
- Be the technical support authority to all system related issues - including daily trouble shooting, optimization, and documentation control
- A relevant 3rd level degree with a Master's Degree or Post Graduate Diploma strongly preferred
- 6 years plus experience in an automation engineering role, leading software development projects for PLC / DCS platforms for batch processing in a GMP pharmaceutical industry environment with knowledge of the 21 CFR Part 11 requirements for automated systems in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Shown experience of plant start-ups and/or new product introductions to pharmaceutical facilities. Must be able to lead these activities in a start-up environment.
- System wise, you will have worked in an Emerson Delta V environment for more than 6 years with 2 years knowledge of OSI Pi preferred.
- Experience with TopView Alarm Management System preferred but not essential.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists