My client is a global biopharmaceutical company with a busy Distribution Centre in Dublin.
A long-term contract need (2 years) has arisen to support the Director of Supply Chain and Site lead and will support the leadership and management of the Distribution and Customer Supply Chain Teams,
Day to day duties
· Ensure KPIs are being met with regards to service level and volume
· Work in tandem with other departments to muster and manage resources in alignment with project goals
· Work closely with customers handling escalation issues and providing corrective solutions
· Ensure the ongoing smooth flow of communications with the Manufacturing team based in Cork to ensure supply is meeting customer demand
· Consistently improving business processes, systems and equipment
· Manage logistics suppliers /partners, overseeing agreements and contracts and conducting regular performance reviews
· Ensuring GDP compliance by transportation providers relating to transportation of products
· Ensuring all customs procedures are well documented and compliant
Key Experience & Skills
· 7+ years of relevant experience in Supply Chain / Distribution, ideally from a similar industry
· BA / MA / MBA in Supply Chain, Engineering or related discipline
· Experience in pharmaceutical operations/cGMP environment is highly desirable.
· A well-developed skill set in the area of leadership and supervisory management.
· A deep knowledge in the management of Distribution Centres
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· A background in CI or Lean Methodologies would be advantageous in this role
· Knowledge and experience with ERP systems, WMS / IM and TMS systems in general. Preferably SAP.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists