Senior Automation Engineer
11 Month Contract
Reporting to the Automation & IT Project Manager, specifically responsible for Implementation of Continuous Manufacturing Automation Systems as part of a larger project.
The successful candidate will be required to work closely with the Automation & IT teams responsible for the full Automation and IT scope and with vendors/partners with responsibility for delivery of systems.
Functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
· As the Senior Automation Engineer, you will Manage Automation vendors and provide clear direction for the Automation team.
· Develop and/or review SDLC deliverables, compliant with MSD standards, including but not limited to:
o Requirements Specifications
o Requirements Traceability Matrix
o Functional and Design Specification
o Code Review
o Test specification/test script
· Develop an understanding of the complete operation of the CM and follow the development of coding efforts from concept to FAT
· Ensure delivery of code is robust, stable and delivers a system which runs compliantly and efficiently in conformance with MSD standards for infrastructure, DI and throughput needs of the business (OEE > predefined metric)
· Work closely with vendors of Automation equipment to ensure deliverables meet project requirements, including the interfacing of new Automation equipment with existing site systems, incl. MES and PI Historian.
· Work closely with the QA-IT and CSV functions and ensure their requirements are met in all deliverables.
· Participate in Hardware and Software FATs and SATs to ensure MSD requirements and standards are met.
· Develop project schedules and document trackers to manage and control project deliverables.
· Lead Automation meetings and support, relevant program meetings.
· Liaise with stakeholders on the overall project to ensure clear communication between all parties.
· Ensure Automation compliance with Global Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the performance of day to day activities and all applicable job functions.
· Minimum of 6 years' experience in a similar role in the Pharmaceutical industry with relevant Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent
· Strong experience in the following systems: Siemens S7 PLC, WinCC SCADA and HMIs
· Experience in one or all of the following systems would be advantageous: Other PLC, SCADA and HMIs, Siemens Desigo, OSISoft PI, RT Reports, PasX MES.
· Excellent computer skills, proficient in the use of the following Microsoft tools: Excel, SharePoint, Word and PowerPoint.
· Previous experience of Continuous, Oral Solid Dose and high containment manufacturing will be advantageous.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists